Friday, January 9, 2015

Hair Goals- 2015

1. Moisturize hair daily. 
I have to confess that I'm a lazy natural, I kinda just do it when needed and it's worked out fine. But I'm gonna try something different this time and maybe I'll have better results. My goal is to have a daily routine of keeping my hair soft and moist. (Hate that word btw... Sounds so wrong... Moist? Ugh!)

2. Retain length.
So I've put my hair through something terrible for quite some time now. I've been cutting my hair with regular scissors! *hides under the covers* 
I know, I know it's the worst thing you can do to your hair but I couldn't help it! Every time I felt those single strand knots it made my skin crawl. Regular scissors can cause split ends and breakage.
My commitment for this year will be to only use hair shears and limit myself to two or three trims.

3. Edges, edges, edges *sigh*.
Guuurl-honey-boo boo-chileee-buhbay... My edges have been through a lot. Relaxer, micro braids gone bad, hand-in-hair syndrome. All types of bad... As a result, my hair line is a lot thinner than my crown. I've been seeing some progress lately and I will definitely document my pursuit for fleek'd edges here.

4. Deep conditioning.
I know that this is natural hair 101 but I don't deep condition every week. I do it about every third week or so. I am really spontaneous with my hair but I really want to establish a routine and stick to it.

5. Protective styles. 
I prefer my hair in protective styles. All the time. Not only because I'm lazy but my hair thrives when it's not constantly manipulated. However, it's important to have in between styles, so I plan to keep my hair out for about two to three weeks at a time.

Overall, my goal is to obtain healthy hair, just need tweak my regiment a lil bit! 
                                   
                                                 Source: @thecreamycrackrehab on IG

What are your hair goals for 2015?

Stay tuned to see my progress.
Love Always,
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment